Beginners martial arts Oxford
"I joined this amazing group of human beings as a total beginner about two and a half years ago, and enjoyed every class since. The classes are run in a friendly and fun atmosphere, and the coaching is outstanding."
This is the ideal class for your first time doing BJJ or martial arts in general. It is the class with the most structure and it’s designed to cater to novices.
No assumptions are made about previous experience or knowledge of the sport, so everything from the warm-up all the way through to sparring is explained clearly and in detail.
- White belts (all belts welcome)
- Introduce students to all positions and situations
- Build coordination and learn movement unique to BJJ
- Understand the fundamental concept of BJJ (technique over strength)
- Learn to spar in a safe, fun environment
- Introduce people in Oxford to martial arts
- Beginner friendly structure
- Basic techniques
- Movement/mobility exercises
- Introduction to positional sparring
- Great introduction to martial arts