Beginners martial arts Oxford
"I joined this amazing group of human beings as a total beginner about two and a half years ago, and enjoyed every class since. The classes are run in a friendly and fun atmosphere, and the coaching is outstanding."
If you’re new to Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or martial arts in general, this class is perfect for you. It’s structured to suit beginners and provides a clear and detailed explanation of every aspect, from the warm-up to sparring.
You don’t need any prior experience or knowledge of the sport to join, as everything is explained thoroughly. Plus, you don’t even need to own a gi (the traditional uniform worn in BJJ) to start training with us.
- White belts (all belts welcome)
- Introduce students to all positions and situations
- Build coordination and learn movement unique to BJJ
- Understand the fundamental concept of BJJ (technique over strength)
- Learn to spar in a safe, fun environment
- Introduce people in Oxford to martial arts
- Beginner friendly structure
- Basic techniques
- Movement/mobility exercises
- Introduction to positional sparring
- Great introduction to martial arts