Women's martial arts Oxford
"The classes are run in a friendly and fun atmosphere, and the coaching is outstanding. If you have not tried BJJ yet, you should… it will make you stronger both mentally and physically."
Looking to get fit, learn self-defense, or compete in sports jiu jitsu? Look no further than our women’s Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes. Our classes cater to your individual needs and goals, whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned athlete.
Your instructor, Barbara Hale, is a renowned competitor in the UK scene, having won the 2019 Abu Dhabi Grand Slam and securing a bronze medal at the 2023 IBJJF Europeans.
Our women-only classes are included as part of our regular membership, or you can choose to join with a dedicated membership if you prefer not to participate in mixed classes
- All belt levels welcome
- Introduce students to all positions and situations
- Build coordination and learn movement unique to BJJ
- Understand the fundamental concept of BJJ (technique over strength)
- Learn to spar in a safe, fun environment
- Expand the number of women training BJJ in Oxford
- Beginner friendly structure
- Basic techniques
- Movement/mobility exercises
- Introduction to positional sparring
- Great introduction to martial arts/ self defence for women